Single Spindle Drills
Excalibur 12 CNC Single Spindle Drill
The Ficep Excalibur 12 which was introduced in 2010 is uniquely different than all other single spindle CNC drill lines previously engineered by Ficep since the first units in the 70's.
A non-contact laser is incorporate into the vertical clamp to establish the physical location of the web surface.
Our wireless remote control system eliminates up to 30% of the operators movements as he does not constantly have to walk up to 60 ft. in each direction just to start the process on the next section.
In addition the operator always has access to the emergency stop on his wireless remote to assure safe operation.
This system is equipped, as standard, with a six-position automatic tool changer to not only facilitate different holes size requirements but such applications as scribing, countersinking, milling for slotted holes and tapping.
The proprietary Ficep software automatically determines when a tool is dull and changes this automatically to a re-sharpened tool.
Excalibur 12 CNC Single Spindle Drill
- Requires less than one-half the space of a conventional CNC drill line.
- The value of the investment is less than half that of a multiple spindle drilling line.
- Wireless remote control enhances the operator's productivity by 30% over designs without this feature!
- The non contact laser probing system accurately locates the flange holes relative to the web without any time loss to probe the web surface!
- The Excalibur 12 features a Windows based CNC control for ease of operator familiarity and the ability for our tech support group to assist the operator or remotely troubleshoot a problem should it develop.
- The monthly cost to purchase this CNC line is traditionally less than the cost of a layout man with benefits!
- Typically the payback is one year or less!
This new product line features an exclusive secondary "X" axis with improved accuracy and productivity as it is not necessary to unclamp, reposition and re-clamp for each "X" axis (length axis) movement. This capability also permits scribing on all four surfaces to eliminate all manual layout which can be automatically imported from such CAD systems as SDS2 or Tekla. The secondary axis also provides the ability to generate slotted holes, copes and large holes that exceed the maximum capability of the Excalibur 12.
The Excalibur is also furnished with a ball screw spindle feed that features 25 HP direct drive spindle that delivers this power directly to the tool as there is no power loss from outdated transmission designs. In addition to the 25 HP at the tool the system generates up to 3,000 RPM to use carbide tools to their maximum capability.
Once the spindle is at the programmed position, top and bottom internal clamps quickly secures the material as the drill positions to the programmed gauge line and commences drilling.
The versatility of this CNC system can be exhibited when processing the following typical applications:
- Flange drilling
- Web drilling
- Automatic sequencing from one section to the next
- Drilling of angles
- Processing of plate detail
- Drilling of structural tubes
Cost Comparison Calculator - Current Methods of Production vs. The Excalibur 12
Volume Comparison Calculator - What Volume could I achieve with The Excalibur 12?
Ficep Single Spindle Drill Line Specifications
|Victory II||Excalibur 12|
|Number of spindles||1||1|
|Horsepower per spindle||22||25|
|Spindle speed range(RPM)||180 -5000||170 -3000|
|Independent sub axis capability||No||Yes|
|Optional scribing on four sides||No||Yes|
|Maximum hole size||1-9/16"||1-11/16"|
|Maximum section depth||39 3/8"||47"|
|Diameters per head with tool changer||1||6|
to change specifications and features from those indicated above. Current specifications and features are part of the formal quotation.
Orient 12 Model 1201DD Single/Double Spindle CNC Drill Line
The Orient 12 Model 1201 DD CNC drill line processes material in a conventional fashion as the sections are positioned automatically to the required length dimension along the infeed and outfeed conveyor. The single or dual spindles of the 1201 DD automatically rotate up to a full 180° in less than one second to accommodate any hole requirements in either flange or the web.
The Orient can also be furnished with a sub axis for the drill spindle. Typical hole patterns, scribing, slotting and milling can be accomplished without the need to move the section.
|Orient 601 DD||Orient 1201 DD||Orient 2001 DD|
|Number of spindles||1||1 or 2||1 or 2|
|Horsepower per spindle||10||20||20|
|Spindle speed range(RPM)||180 - 2000||180 - 2000||180 - 2000|
|Optional independent sub axis capability||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Optional scribing on four sides||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Maximum hole size||1-9/16""||1-9/16""||2"|
|Maximum section depth||24"||48"||78"|
|Diameters per head with tool changer||6 or 12||6 or 12||6 or 12|
Orient 12 Single or Dual Spindle CNC Drill Line
- Low investment for a quick return
- Simple construction
- Extremely versatile
- Automatic tool changer as standard
- Ball screw spindle feed with 2,000 RPM for carbide tools
- Milling of slotted holes when required using the sub axis
- The sub axis can be used to perform such operation as scribing, milling of large holes, etc., without the need to move the beam for optimum efficiency.
- The Orient 12 features a Windows based CNC control for ease of operator familiarity and the ability for our tech support group to remotely assist or trouble-shoot a problem should it develop