Gantry-Style Plate Processing
Dual Drill Spindles Increase Productivity by Over 40%!
The Ficep Gemini plate processing line with its unique secondary axis for each spindle enhances the productivity by over 40% when compared to single spindle plate processor. The sub axis, in conjunction with the second spindle, is like having two plate drilling systems in the same footprint and with the same operator.
Holes do not have to be aligned to engage the second spindle as each one operates totally independently so both spindles are fully operational simultaneously. When you consider the 40% productivity increase for relatively little additional cost, this is why users are constantly opting for the dual spindle advantage!
- Process plate up to 8', 10', 12' or 20' in width.
- Twin beam construction supports the drill spindles on both sides for added rigidity. The spindles are not mounted outside of the frame.
- Gantry system eliminates lost time when loading or unloading the table regardless of the part sizes.
- Irregular shaped remnants can be effectively processed as the stock material is stationary.
- Maximum material utilization since it is not necessary to clamp the material for positioning.
- High performance 6,000 RPM spindle with a ball screw feed
- The system can be provided with two drilling spindles and multiple torches for increased productivity.
- Secondary "X Axis" permits hole patterns to be generated without having to reposition the gantry.
- Optional automatic chip evacuation.
- Oxy-fuel and plasma cutting systems.
- Oxy-fuel and plasma beveling heads available
- Guaranteed accuracy with rack and pinion positioning and measuring systems.
- Irregular stock plates or drops can remain on the table and utilized later without having to unload the drop only to return it to the table later.
- Since the material clamp is internal to the Gemini, the entire stock can be used to minimize scrap.
- Guaranteed accuracy regardless of rust and mill scale
- Automatic tool changer for up to 24/48 tools
|Model||Plate Width||Plate Length (Min)||Drills||Tools||Secondary X Axis|
Gemini 25 HPE
|8 ft.||20 ft.||Yes||8 / 24||Yes|
|Gemini 32 HPE||10 ft.||20 ft.||Yes||8 / 24||Yes|
|Gemini 36 HD||12 &20 ft.||20 ft.||Yes||24||Yes|
|Gemini 36 XD||12 ft.||20 ft.||Yes||24||Yes|
Gemini 25 HPE
Gemini 32 HPE
Gemini 36 HD
Gemini 36 XD
Kronos CNC Plate Processing System
Kronos CNC Plate Processing System in Tandem with the Gemini
The Kronos CNC plasma/oxy-fuel cutting table was developed as a companion to the Gemini product line to address those applications where an enhanced throughput is required in the same footprint.
The Kronos is designed to run on the same longitudinal rails as the Gemini and to also share the same cutting table. The addition of the Kronos to the Gemini can occur during the original installation or it can easily be added in the future as both units have their own independent CNC control.
The powerful software permits both the Kronos and the Gemini to operate simultaneously within the same machine footprint. This powerful combination enables the simultaneous functions of cutting and drilling, milling, tapping, countersinking or counter boring with only one operator.
|Kronos Model HP Specifications:|
|KR 25 HP||KR 32 HP||KR 36 HP|
|Max. plate size||Inch||100" x 240"||120" x 240"||260" x 240"|
|Min. plate thickness Plasma||Inch||1/4"||1/4"||1/4"|
|Max. plate thickness Plasma||Inch||3"||3"||3"|
|Max. plate thickness Oxy||Inch||6"||6"||6"|
|Plasma Torch (option)||Number||2||2||2|
|Plasma Bevel Torch (option)||Number||2||2||2|
|Oxy Torch (Option)||Number||4||4||4|
|Hypertherm Torch||Model||HPR 130/260/400||HPR 130/260/400||HPR 130/260/400|